Saturday, June 19, 2010

The ugly duckling ~**~El patito feo



On Memorial weekend I purchased this 1978 Univega mixte from a local guy. I love the looks of the mixte and I was ready for more gears as my beloved Space Rider Raleigh only has 3 internal gears.

The mixte came with 10 gears, bigger wheels (the Raleigh's are only 24"), and a great potential for beautification!

Little bit little during the month of June I have worked on cleaning the bike, waxing the frame, and getting some parts worked: greasing chain, crank, adjusting breaks and getting new pads. My wonderful hubby really helped me with this part of the process!

I also started to get and install some "beauty accessories", picking out what to get was lots of fun. The final list was a Brooks B17s saddle, shellaced cork handle grips, a crane bell, and a Pletcher vintage rack. I installed the rack at the Bici Centro with the help of their nice and helpful volunteer crew.

For now I think I'm almost done, front light and fenders will come shortly and after my trip back home I will probably add some panniers.

The ugly duckling has become a beautiful swan!

Post part of LGRAB games
~**~


El fin de semana de Memorial Day compre esta mixte Univega del a un tipo local. Me encanta el estilo de las mixtes, ademas ya estaba lista para tener una bici con mas marchas, ya que mi quirida Space Rider Raleigh sólo tiene tres engranajes internos.

El mixte tiene 10 engranajes, ruedas más grandes (las de la Raleigh sólo son de 24 ") y un gran potencial para transformarse en una hermosa bicicleta.

Poco poco durante el mes de junio he trabajado en la limpieza de la bici y su encerado. He ajustado algunas de sus piezas y he engrasado la cadena, los frenos y he cambiado las pastillas. Mi super marido me ayudo un monton con este proceso.

También comencé a conseguir e instalar algunos accesorios de belleza ", seleccionar lo que me gusta fue muy divertido. La lista final fue una silllin Brooks (el B17s), manguitos en el manillar con corcho barnizado, una campananilla de la marca crane y una Pletcher instalada en Bici Centro con la ayuda de su serviciales voluntarios.

Por ahora creo que esta casi lista, una luz delantera y guardabarros llegarán en breve y después de mi viaje de vuelta a casa, probablemente voy a añadir panniers.

El patito feo se ha convertido en un hermoso cisne!

Post parte del LGRAB juegos de verano

No comments:

Post a Comment