Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Guada




I'm so homesick! It's been about 1 month since I got back from Guada and I really really miss it.
This photo is from one the side doors of one of my favorite buildings in Guada. I used to walk by that door almost everyday to get downtown when I lived there...I have been here for almost 14 years and I'm still miss my hometown.

Anyhow, going back to the building, it is currently a catholic church although it was built in the 13th century as a mosque. I just love the beauty of the architecture, the wooden door, metal and brick, and the connection to my neighborhood.

Hace alrededor de 1 mes desde que volví de Guada y realmente tengo muchisima nostálgia!
Esta foto es de una de las puertas laterales de uno de mis edificios favoritos en Guadalajara. Caminé delante de esa puerta casi todos los días para llegar al centro cuando estaba alli...llevo casi 14 años aqui... y a veces siento que no me acostumbro del todo.

Volviendo al edificio, actualmente es una iglesia católica, aunque fue construido como una mezquitaen el siglo 13. Me encanta la belleza de la arquitectura, la puerta de madera, el metal, los ladrillos y la connexion con mi barrio.

No comments:

Post a Comment